Abi Andrews – Web Designer Leeds
Do you need a local web designer Leeds based? A great web designer who will provide the best solution for your new website and for your business? Abi Andrews is a website designer in Leeds who can help with any part of your online solution. From a simple one page website, through to a multi functional e-commerce website, from 1 phrase Search Engine Optimisation to a full social media marketing campaign. Read on to find out about my IT career and be reassured I have the proven skills as opposed to many of those bedroom designers who claim to have the skills.
How I became a Web Designer Leeds
- IT Professional for over 10 years with wide experience in multiple IT roles working within William Hill Organisation and more recently as a self employed business owner.
- Proven leadership skills: managing, developing and motivating teams as a Team Leader.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to relate to a wide range of people.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical, design and problem solving skills.
- Quick and keen to learn new technologies and to find neat solutions to complex problems.
- Self-taught programming skills, enhanced by constant research and professional development.
April 2009 - Current
- Over 7 years experience in creating websites and blogs, with particular expertise in creating custom WordPress, Open Cart and Zen Cart websites. Provided effective and functional web designs to customers that met their specific business/personal needs.
- Worked directly with customers to establish project scope, interaction guidelines, and project time lines.
- Performed routine updates, upgrades and overall maintenance of websites along with transfers of complex systems between hosts.
- Template integration and bespoke web design, for both websites and business stationary.
- Wide knowledge and experience with current Search Engine Optimisation strategies.
- Technical experience: Handcoding, e-commerce integration, payment processing systems including paypal, worldpay, authorise.net. Integration of API’s of social media sites – Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. SEO.
- Additional skills: Flash, Photoshop, Banner Design, Logo Design, Business Stationary.
- Customer-relationship skills: producing clear, detailed project outlines and progress reports. Adjusting technical explanations to client’s knowledge level.
- Personal qualities: Quick and keen to learn new technologies and to find neat solutions to complex problems. Self-taught programming skills, enhanced by constant research and professional development.
2004 – April 2009
- A key role in the implementation of ITIL across the organization. Change driver, working closely with those responsible for each of the ITIL disciplines to review and analyse current and future processes in line with ITIL best practices making recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for multiple Helpdesk Database Systems used by 300+ employees. Built, planned, designed and managed the implementation of the William Hill Security, William Hill IS Service Management and the William Hill Shop Field Services databases, improving communication, visibility and process across all 3 departments. 2 of the above databases were crucial in the smooth operation of all William Hill shops (approx 2300).
- Main responsibilities included researching, planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining and upgrading the Helpdesk systems.
- Responsible for the development and design of a new Service Desk database following ITIL best practice (Product: FrontRange – ITSM and HEAT call management suite)
- Required Strong time management and organisational skills for meeting project deadlines.
- Responsibility for the monthly Service Desk and Service Level Achievement report distributed to William Hill Directors. Creation of Ad Hoc Crystal Reports for management meetings.
- Flexibility to work long and unsociable hours (database changes implemented overnight) and willingness to be contacted out of working hours.
- Introduction of Automated processes to replace manual methods within the service centre.
- Creation of Process Change and training documentation.Training Service Center Staff in process and system changes. Creation of Process change Documentation.
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Front Range certified HEAT Administrator – (Help Desk Software)
- Front Range certified IT Service Management Adminstrator – (ITIL Approved Help Desk Software)
- Crystal Reports (to Advanced)
- Access and VBA – Level 4
- Access Level 1
- ITIL Foundation
- Certified Job Instructor
1995 – 1998
Thorough grounding in the principles and practice of marketing. Includes brand positioning, developing products and services, and creating strategies to satisfy customers. Developing the skills and competencies needed to become an effective, strategic and successful manager. Included Accounting, PR, Training at Work, Leading Innovation and Change, Leadership, etc.
1992 – 1995
Basic grounding in the functional areas of business. Development of Presentation and Management skills.
1992 – 1995
- 3 A–Level’s: including Law (B)